Biotin for Hair Loss - Should You Try it?
by Ricky Martin on Aug 19, 2017
Having healthy, shinier and thicker hair is the dream of millions of people. People are facing hair loss issues even at young age. It is important to get diagnosed to know the reason of the hair. There can be chances that you have to undergo hair transplant treatment to get rid of the hair loss problem. It is important to find a reputed and trusted and experienced doctor for hair transplant in Chennai.
Our skin, nails, and hair are made up of the protein called keratin and biotin (Vitamin B7 /Vitamin H /Coenzyme) improve the basic structure of the keratin, thus strengthens hair and nails. Our food contains the required biotin amount for our body. List of the food items that contain biotin:
- Egg yolk
- Nuts, such as almonds, peanuts, and walnuts
- Soybeans and other legumes
- Whole grains
- Sweet Potato
- Excellent Sources are: Peanuts, cooked eggs, raw egg yolks, liver
All listed above are loaded with proteins that optimize the level of the biotin. All kind f proteins can be absorbed from the food, but few which are readily available to your body needs to be ingested by supplements.
Having the appropriate amount of biotin can help in hair loss condition. But since biotin is water soluble and is not stored in the body and also because of fertilizers the proper amount of biotin is not utilized by our body.
Few symptoms of deficiency of biotin are as following:
- Dry & Rough skin
- Brittle hair or hair loss
- Cramps & Muscle aches
- Scaly, red rash on skin
- Numbness and tingling in extremities
- Cognitive impairments
- Nerve damage
If your body is capable of acquiring the Vitamin B & from food, then you can go for the supplements. There are many supplements available in the market; you can choose the one which is prescribed by your doctor.
Hair loss can be due to any reason may be thyroid, pollution, chemotherapy treatments, stress, aging, poor diet, hormonal imbalance. Taking biotin supplements should help, but the dosage should be taken care of. The consultation of the doctor is a must. The supplements should, however, should be taken in the morning that helps the energy level. The following are the benefits.
- Biotin supports healthy metabolism: Vitamin B7 is needed to convert the food into usable energy that supports a healthy metabolism. It helps the body to use amino acids that we get from proteins to carry out multiple body functions. It is necessary for proper functioning of several enzymes that are related to metabolic pathways.
- Maintains Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails: According to studies, taking appropriate doses of biotin can help in treating weak hair and nails. In fact, the benefit of biotin was of found when horses were treated with biotin dosage to cure the horses' hoofs brttileness. Vitamin B7 biotin help to protect skin from acne, fungal infections, rashes, dryness.
- Our body recycles the biotin already used.
- Biotin is the most essential in cell production, which is why it is a good source of hair growth. Without biotin, we won't be able to live, and the growth of cell occurs due to biotin, which is why it plays a significant role in hair growth and thickness
- Biotin is consumed up in production of amino and fatty acids, the building blocks of protein
- It also helps in regulating sugar levels when used with chromium which is helpful to the patients who are suffering from type 2 diabetes
- It supports and repairs skin, nerves, digestive system.
- Shampoos that promises hair growth contains biotin in them.
- Discontinue the usage of the supplements if you don’t see any difference in hair growth or thickness. There can be quite some side effects of the biotin dosage like the allergic reaction, nausea, etc.
- Use of any supplements should be consumed only with proper consultation.
So as we have mentioned that Vitamin B7 or Biotin has in depth relation with cell production, thus it helps in growth of the hair, nail, and skin.
Still having hair problem? Then start eating healthy food, have a good sleep, indulge in some physical activity as well. At Natural Hair Transplant we try our best to help you regarding any hair problem from dandruff, to hair loss, to the high level of baldness, to the big treatments like hair transplants.